Because the number one outdoor city in america deserves the best outdoor map in america. Currently most organizations maintain their maps as images or PDFs which makes them inaccessible to both potential users and developers. Chattanooga needs one map to rule them all so that everyone has access to one amazingly designed outdoor map.
An open (free) beautiful basemap designed specifically for outdoor activities. This map would be free to use on websites and mobile apps. This map would be created, designed and maintained by the community for the broader community as a whole.
How to Contribute
There are three main ways to contribute to the project.
- Contribute to the basemap design.
- Contribute to the map tools and documentation.
- Improve the basemap features by editing existing or adding new outdoor recreation facilites in OpenStreetMap
How to Use
There are several ways you can use the map.
- View the basemap online.
- Integrate the map into your website.
- Use one of our mobile apps and take the maps outdoors!